How to Be Born Again
Being born again means giving up your old life to live a new life through Christ Jesus. Becoming a born-again Christian might sound difficult, but God has made it easy for his faithful to come to him. By accepting Christ, you can come before God and be born again. If you want to be born again, start by becoming a Christian. Then, live your life for Jesus as best you can. Finally, you can grow your faith by attending church, reading the Bible, and praying.
Believe in God and his son Jesus Christ.
Before you can accept Jesus, you must first believe. Christians believe God created the heavens and the earth. When Adam and Eve ate the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, mankind became cursed with original sin. However, God sent down his son Jesus Christ to die for everyone’s sins, granting forgiveness.
- John 3:16 reads, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” By believing in Jesus, you can gain eternal life by going to Heaven.
- Here’s an example prayer: “Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner, but you died for those sins. I welcome you into my heart as my personal savior. Thank you for dying for my sins so that I can be forgiven. In your name, I pray, Amen.”
- You can find many example prayers online.
- Say, “God, I know I have sinned. I am very sorry for the things I’ve done wrong and want to do better through you. Thank you for forgiving all of my mistakes. In the name of Christ, I pray, Amen.”
- As an alternative, you can watch religious services on TV or online.
- Mark 16:16 reads, “He that believes and is baptized shall be saved, and he that disbelieves shall be condemned.”
- How and where you are baptized will depend on your church. You may be baptized in a tub inside the church, or you might be baptized in a lake or other waterway.
- Some churches will only baptize you if you are a member. You could join the church, or you could look for a church that does not require membership.
- Say, “I welcome the Holy Spirit into my life, Amen.”
- The 9 fruits of the spirit include love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
- The 9 gifts of the spirit include knowledge, wisdom, prophecy, faith, healing, working miracles, discerning of spirits, speaking in tongues (holy languages), and interpretation of tongues (holy languages).
Courtesy of www.wikihow.com